Oh uh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jellyflesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did a water change yesterday and i forgot to turn my heater bak on, think anyone won't survive the temp change back to normal? I turned it back on this morning when i noticed the water was so cold

To be safe, I'd say bring the temp back up in small increments rather than just all at once. But I don't know what your fish are either. If they are cold-sensitive, you may want to accelerate the change.

How cold did it get? What's your target temp? I agree slowly bring it back to want you want it to be. That's why I use a surge protector. Now thanks to member here, a wireless one :)

Turn it off do your water change. You'll know if its not plugged in cause you won't have filters, lights, power head etc etc etc.

My son unplugged my heater to plug in his Kindle a little while ago. The tank went from 78 to 64 in a matter of 2 days. My fish all just got a little sluggish, but none died. I received advice here to bring up the temp by a couple degrees a day. I tried to do that, but ended up (because my heater only has notches, not measured degrees) bringing it back up over a period of 2 days. That was about a month or so ago, and everyone seems healthy and happy.
Hope it all works out for you.

As mentioned, bring it up slowly.

I have it all run into a surge protector as well. So much easier to shut everything off(lights, filters and heater) all at once.

Temp is rising slowly, all are doing well, we'll see how things go

Back
Top Bottom