ok fish experts help me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda_may

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a 20 gallon salt tank, lid, heater, filter. But want freshwater tank. Guy told me clean with hot water and let cycle should be good to go. (But mentioned that he had fish that had "ick")???? Anyway. I bought 45 gal tank... nooott set up doing this weekend. Is this tank and all parts worthless to me? Should I keep up a "hospital" tank? Is it poooosssable to get all the salt out of aqueon filter with new filter cartridges? Or should I throw it all away???

I bought a 20 gallon salt tank, lid, heater, filter. But want freshwater tank. Guy told me clean with hot water and let cycle should be good to go. (But mentioned that he had fish that had "ick")???? Anyway. I bought 45 gal tank... nooott set up doing this weekend. Is this tank and all parts worthless to me? Should I keep up a "hospital" tank? Is it poooosssable to get all the salt out of aqueon filter with new filter cartridges? Or should I throw it all away???
Saltwater ich and freshwater ich are two different things so that won't matter. Some people add salt to the freshwater tanks to help with any possible diseases so a little left over salt won't matter either. Try washing it out with water and white vinegar then rinse it good.

There is no such thing as a useless tank. You should set it up and cycle it as a quarantine...or hospital...tank. You can never have too many cycled fish tanks!

Back
Top Bottom