OK, I am ready to test my water and.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polar_Bus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
NO DARN instructions with my test kit!!!!!!!

I have an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Master freshwater test kit. Can anyone by chance tell me how many drops of test chemical go into the vials? Thanks!
Rich

Do you have the result cards? There are picture instructions on the backs of those. The ones I have sitting in front of me though:

Nitrate
Add 10 drops of bottle 1
Shake vial to combine
Shake bottle 2 for 30 seconds
Add 10 drops of bottle 2
Shake vial for 1 minute
Let develop for 5 minutes

Nitrite
Add 5 drops
Shake to combine
Let develop 5 minutes

Ammonia
Add 8 drops of bottle 1
Add 8 drops of bottle 2
Shake to combine
Let develop 5 minutes

Hi Range pH
Add 5 drops
Shake to combine
Read immediately

If you don't have the results cards the tests will be pretty much worthless. We can try to describe the shades of colors but IMO it will be tough to tell for sure. Only the ammonia and nitrIte tests will be definative (ie if the ammonia test comes out yellow and the nitrIte test comes out light blue can you be sure you have NO detectable levels). You MIGHT be able to tell nitrAte as well (anything orange colored is acceptable, but once it starts to look red I'd do a PWC). Oh and for pH if it starts to look yellow your pH is probably pretty low (below 6.5), or if very dark blue probably close to 8.

But it would still be a good idea to get the result cards for closer determination.

7Enigma said:
If you don't have the results cards the tests will be pretty much worthless. We can try to describe the shades of colors but IMO it will be tough to tell for sure. Only the ammonia and nitrIte tests will be definative (ie if the ammonia test comes out yellow and the nitrIte test comes out light blue can you be sure you have NO detectable levels). You MIGHT be able to tell nitrAte as well (anything orange colored is acceptable, but once it starts to look red I'd do a PWC). Oh and for pH if it starts to look yellow your pH is probably pretty low (below 6.5), or if very dark blue probably close to 8.

But it would still be a good idea to get the result cards for closer determination.

YES! I do have the result cards. I will check them out tonight. Thanks again for the help!
Rich

Back
Top Bottom