Ok I did it and gave my BN a piece of cucumber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
im so nervous, please let my babies be ok
lookaround.gif
here is what I did I cut a piece of cucumber stuck the fork through the back where the skin is then tied fishing line to the fork and droped it in......oh before I rinsed the fork really good and the cucumber also...then I shut the light im so scared.......no one is really touching it except my daughter baby molly snowey, she keeps pecking at it every now and then

I was told to use a fork.......but I will go get veggie clips wed.

I used fishing line and those small "pellet" fishing weights. I threaded the fishing line through the food, put the weight on, left the line long enough to come up out of the tank, and taped the line to the tank edge. A veggie clip works well too, but for some reason it seemed to spook my fish.

lmao.....
dont worry, the veggies are goooooooooooood for the pleco's. they especially go nuts over zuchinni.

some people use a fork, but its not advisable due to the injuries that can occur to the fish.
i personally use a spoon to weigh it down, they wont get injured on that, but.......like some have already said, the veggie clip is the safest bet.

Back
Top Bottom