Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

And if you are using Stress Coat you don't need another water conditioner. Back to that conversation about osmotic stress, which is basically, so much had been added to the water it messes with the fish body functions.

Looks like a regular decomposing dead fish I think.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks so much for support and advice. Think I get it. Gonna work my butt off to make sure I stay on top of it all..........I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon no doubt. .....

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 10-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok me again....another question

It takes time to understand it all, and with so much conflicting advice, some of it is left up to gut feeling more than research. But good research guides the gut well!

You certainly have the right attitude and it will get easier. I think when I'd lost 2 bettas and 4 snails in 1 gallon filtered tanks that I thought were massive fish mansions ... My boyfriend at the time said "I think it's time for you to find another hobby." But I was determined to figure it out. I found this forum, and a lot of others, and got a 29 gallon and asked a lot of questions, and got 15 different types of conflicting advice at several fish stores, and bought so many medicines and chemicals ... Over time the good advice starts to stick together and the other stuff stands out as probably not so good.

So now I've graduated to keeping fish healthy and killing plants instead ...

Old 10-26-2014, 04:49 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Asked hubby and he said that readings for amnonia and nitrite read at 0, so as long as he's reading it correctly that's good huh? So I am cycled? Oh when I said bacteria balls I meant good bacteria we put in with the bio balls. They are little capsules that dissolve. ( I'm from northern Ireland so maybe we only have them this side of the pond). It certainly is more work involved...
...maybe not best time to start fish keeping with a baby and toddler to contend with lol. Good to have forums like this to keep me right

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 10-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Having zero nitrite and ammonia could mean it's cycled, or that it's not cycled but very clean.

The nitrAte is what's critical to seeing if it is cycled.

The bacteria balls sound interesting! I wonder if they carry bacteria better than the bottles.

Tags
nano, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com