Ok, now to Xp3 intake/outake setup questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok i got the media baskets setup now i'm playing erector set with the intake and outake pieces. Do i need the spray bar in my 36" 65 gall or can I just use the spray nozzle, which is better? Would i have bettter even flow in my tank with the spray bar? And do i suction cup the parts to the outside of the tank as well?... thanks

The suction cups are for the inside of the tank. Then it kind of hangs on the rim and you don't worry about the outside. The spraybar is better is my opinion as it spreads the flow across a larger area.

The spraybar would work for you just fine. I have a 55g and can only mount it on the back of the tank. I have lots of current on one end and next to none on the other. it might be time for another DIY project! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

I use the spray bar in my tank. I like it fine. It's easy to adjust up or down if you want more or less flow I think.

Agreed, spraybar. Sparky697 did a mod to attach a second spraybar to his to give him current accross the entire back of his tank, you can look that up if that interests you.

Back
Top Bottom