Ok this snail information is throwing me off someone please clarify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought 3 mystery snails about a week ago they started to lay eggs I dont want anymore snails in my tank so I returned 2 thought 1 was good enough for tank I got rid of the last of eggs I could see but this is where I'm confused
I have mixed results on the eggs some people say eggs are fine if they underwater others say that if they are underwater that their basically dead which one is true??
Also someone said that mystery snails don't need a partner and can reproduce for themselves because they switch gender and others say that they absolutely need a partner which one is true?
I have a heavily planted 10 gallon and want to make sure I keep it to just one snail to go around and clean so any clarification would be awesome
Thanks!

1: mystery snails need a partner to reproduce

2: what ive read the eggs shoudl be kept dry, ( not expirenced in this though)

3: even if they did reproduce id sell the babies , frequent money from something you enjoy!!

Bubbles0oO said:
1: mystery snails need a partner to reproduce

2: what ive read the eggs shoudl be kept dry, ( not expirenced in this though)

3: even if they did reproduce id sell the babies , frequent money from something you enjoy!!

Ok good than I'll keep the last one in isolation for a week to make sure that wasn't the pregnant one I filled my tank up more so I'll only have to worry about the ones on the hood and selling ah I'd rather concentrate on the tanks I currently have

Back
Top Bottom