Ok to run moonlights 24/7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have a moonlight strip in my tank that I leave on constantly. I think its just a cool effect. Thats not going to interrupt the fish's sleep patterns, is it? My actual tank lights are on a timer to be on everyday from 10-6.

I actually had to put my LED moonlights on a timer. They began to kill the algae that I had growing on my rocks. Put them on a timer and the algae is returning.

Where and what kind of Moonlights do I need for a 55gal aquarium. I would like to have some for the effect. Also how much $$$ am I looking at spending on them. So far I've only seen the SW people talk about them and not to many FW people.

Thanks

The way my hood is designed I can't put anything else on it, so I needed to get a fully submersible light. Odessea makes good ones, you can usually find them for cheap on Ebay. You can get one as big as four feet, but I got the two foot model so I have room on both sides for my heater and filter intake tube.

I used to leave mine on for 24/7 also. The light strip now kind of has them built into it and they are on all the time.

Are the moon lights flourescents that i can put in my hoodlight fixture?
Is there a website I can get more info and possibly order on these Moon Lights, I tried to Google it, and only found a few pictures.

Moonlights are led or coldcathode lights that are usually built into a lightstrip or a stand alone light.. Tony seems to be talking about something thats new to me..LOL

greenmagi said:
Moonlights are led or coldcathode lights that are usually built into a lightstrip or a stand alone light.. Tony seems to be talking about something thats new to me..LOL

No, mine are on a strip, they just can be placed underwater too. I have them stuck on the back glass towards the top.

greenmagi said:
tony the point was that yours are still not florescent.. they are probably led or coldcatode on a strip right... :?:

Yeah, they are LEDs. Thats new to you?

Back
Top Bottom