Oldest fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya know it seems as old as some of these fish can get....they don't usually live that long ^^; lol

I had a betta for about 4 years..and he was about 1-2 years when I got him...freind had a betta that died at 9 years old...
I have 2 lamp eye's that are 3+ and a bolivian ram that is at least 1.5 +, ...

Koi can live up to 50+ years if cared for properly.. My dad has a koi pond with some koi,... some maybe 7 years old I think.

there is an article posted near the koi pond at my LFS telling about the world oldest koi. I beleive it lived to about 238 years old. I can't be certain though, all i can remeber was that it was over 200. I have had koi that lived three years, but they are jumpers :( i am done with koi now, now i am obsessed with fancy goldies for ponds.

WaterPond said:
there is an article posted near the koi pond at my LFS telling about the world oldest koi. I beleive it lived to about 238 years old. I can't be certain though, all i can remeber was that it was over 200. I have had koi that lived three years, but they are jumpers :( i am done with koi now, now i am obsessed with fancy goldies for ponds.

http://www.arborman.com/koioldest.htm

This article?

Burks said:
WaterPond said:

http://www.arborman.com/koioldest.htm

This article?

Yep, thats it, thank you very much :D

My dad (and I, somewhat) kept a feeder-comet goldfish going for something like, 6 years was it? It was huge when it died... Probably 6 inches at least, even though that's half what they can potentially reach, I hadn't seen a common feeder ever get that big.

five 8 year old Clown Loaches
two Skirt Tetras 6 years old
a breading pair of Kribs 4 1/2 years old and still spawning
I had a Crowntail Betta (my aviator) for 4 1/2 years,I miss him

2 angels over 7 years, two more over 4. a school of glass cats, 6, i've had for 3 years

So far, I have an angel, two clown loaches, a clown pleco, a bala shark, and a bloodparrot going on 5 years now

When I was much younger, I had an horribly neglected angel that lived over 13 years.

Back
Top Bottom