Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 445
Omega One tubifex worms not sticking to glass

I got some tubifex worms to add some variety for my fish. I try to stick a piece of the freeze dried worms to the side of the inside glass like the directions say and it sticks for literally three or four seconds then floats up. the fish don't even notice it. Then the water fall from the filter loosens it up and it scattered throughout the tank, some of which got sucked up by the filter tube. Any tips?
__________________

__________________
piao liang yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by piao liang yu View Post
I got some tubifex worms to add some variety for my fish. I try to stick a piece of the freeze dried worms to the side of the inside glass like the directions say and it sticks for literally three or four seconds then floats up. the fish don't even notice it. Then the water fall from the filter loosens it up and it scattered throughout the tank, some of which got sucked up by the filter tube. Any tips?
Maybe I need to wait and use the worms when I have more fish. Currently only have four guppies and two red wag platies in a 60 gallon long.
__________________

__________________
piao liang yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by piao liang yu View Post
Maybe I need to wait and use the worms when I have more fish. Currently only have four guppies and two red wag platies in a 60 gallon long.
That's small fish for a big tank. Maybe get a school of them so they wont be stressed and will encourage to eat. Also, did you try feeding anything else?:P
What brand is the tubifex?
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
That's small fish for a big tank. Maybe get a school of them so they wont be stressed and will encourage to eat. Also, did you try feeding anything else?:P
What brand is the tubifex?
Yes, I also feed the super color flakes also by omega one and another type of shrimp flakes on days I don't feed the color flakes. The tubifex is omega one brand as well as the color flakes. They eat the flakes.
__________________
piao liang yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by piao liang yu View Post
Yes, I also feed the super color flakes also by omega one and another type of shrimp flakes on days I don't feed the color flakes. The tubifex is omega one brand as well as the color flakes. They eat the flakes.
Are they baby's?
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Are they baby's?
No, all of the fish look fairly mature. Definitely not babies.
__________________
piao liang yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by piao liang yu View Post
No, all of the fish look fairly mature. Definitely not babies.
Try feeding them bloodworms, or as i said add the number of fish.
__________________

__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
glass, ick, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.