Omg babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I am totally shocked. I was walking by one of my tanks and I saw some thing sticking on the side. I was like what the ****. Went up and looked and I have at least 4 baby Ancistrus or Bristlenose Plecos.
Ancistrus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I started looking around and it looks like the plants are littered with what I think are eggs. I noticed them before but just assumed it was food. I have been real busy lately. 2 week long trips and a wedding yesterday, I just wasn't paying a lot of attention. I guess I was shocked because I didn't expect them to bread. I have had the pair for less than a year and wasnt even sure if it was a male and female anyways. Guess I know now. I don't even know how old the babies are. I have a huge chuck of java moss in the tank so they could be weeks old. I'm not really sure what to do with them now. If I should just leave them in there or if I should try and get them in a seperate tank. Anyone have comments or suggestions?

Well I know where they did the breading. I have this little floating log thing that they always sit in. I'm not sure why the are scattered but either way I have babies

do you have pics? while you prob have fry bn plecos they dont scatter eggs like black hills tj said. they tend to lay them in a cave the male watches over them fanning them until they hatch and use up their egg sack.

I have pics of the tank before with their log and stuff. I can try and take some new ones. Give me a few minutes.

Ok I took some pics. The quality isn't the best. The things that I think are eggs look like snails but they don't move and nothing has been added to the tank in months.
This is their little log.
img_992185_0_3798bc73e176998b5ec7ea14c67bda9d.jpg

Here is mom
img_992185_1_4a10adf4d2c5b9d15b2ef8e99942b617.jpg

Here are a couple of the babies
img_992185_2_cb80e1a8cde64530d9c50c63918a9bf0.jpg

img_992185_3_cea1ed4a14722ab4043f2a5d76972825.jpg

Here are what I believe to be the eggs
img_992185_4_57d6a4cd5425994c47e018c10506239a.jpg

I know the conditions don't seem right thats why I wasn't even paying attention to them. I know that the log has been caught under the water current for over a month holding it in place so I dont know if that made a difference. There are a couple other options I guess but I know I see both of them in there on a regular basis. Makes since tho because I think my loaches would both stuff thats down lower. Also should I leave them in there or try and seperate them?

ok now im even more lost...the things I thought were eggs...I said the looked like snails...they are snails. One moved...how do I have snails with 3 yoyos and a clown...

Back
Top Bottom