OMG! Check this out! Automatic Glass Cleaner (Robo Snail) - very cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AquaGenesis International - The Innovators of Aquatic Ecosystems - The Robosnail

The RoboSnail

How the RoboSnail works
The RoboSnail is very user friendly and simple to operate. The user simply places the unit on the aquarium surface, and once the outer unit and inner units are securely held together by magnetic forces, the RoboSnail is ready to go. It's that simple. The user then switches on the RoboSnail and it does the rest. The RoboSnail can sense the aquarium top, left, and right edges to calculate the appropriate cleaning pattern so the entire glass surface is cleaned without missing any areas. The edge locations and respective distances are then stored in its internal memory for future cleanings. Once finished, it returns to the home base location and there it remains until the next cleaning cycle. If left turned on, the RoboSnail will come on automatically once a day requiring no input by the operator. Conversly, the user may manually activate the unit if so desired. These functions are made possible due to our advanced custom engineered CPU unit.

Why the RoboSnail works
The RoboSnail is an automated glass cleaner that prevents algae build up on the aquariums surface. This is accomplished by the RoboSnail's unique ability to clean the aquarium's surface once a day without user intervention. The constant preventative cleaning performed by the RoboSnail stops algae from taking hold on the aquarium surface. At first, it is almost invisible. But as it builds up on the aquarium surface over time, it progressively becomes more difficult to remove. Long periods of neglect result in stubborn coralline algae, as found in marine tanks, or a hazy, unsightly build up that can be found in all aquariums. Since more effort is needed to remove it, the result can be a scratching of the aquarium surface and longer, more difficult maintenance sessions.

Benefits of Using the RoboSnail
Time is the greatest benefit of the RoboSnail. The user will gain hours of enjoyment viewing their aquarium instead of cleaning it.

Manual Labor of scrubbing the surface is not nesessary when using the RoboSnail. You simply install and it does all the work.

Reliability is what the RoboSnail provides for the user. The RoboSnail will never miss its cleaning cycle as it is constructed under the highest standards using high quality materials.

The RoboSnail is more cost effective than any alternative aquarium cleaning solution. The RoboSnail is the only automated cleaner in the world and is patent pending. Products of similar price and function are only as effective as the operator's cleaning routine and are time consuming and cumbersome.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous. If you're too lazy to clean your aquarium, you shouldn't have one. Being hands-on with your tank is the only way to be fully aware of what's happening in it.

*sigh* - How much will it cost?
The RoboSnail will retail for around $225 depending on your retailer.

hell NO!
As cool as it is. It's not worth paying $225 bucks.

I can't watch the videos here at work but how does it go from the front glass to the sides, and then the back? I guess in theory it sounds good but with power cords, intake/outtakes - it wouldn't be able to get everywhere. I wouldn't trust that thing either, with my luck it would go down in the sand and scratch the glass all up.

I'm with you Lynda, if you can't do the most basic things for your fish manually, keeping fish probably isn't for you. ;)

I'll stick to my $15 magnet thing. Takes less than a minute once a week per tank to clean up what my cleaning crew miss.

Bubble_B0y said:
*sigh* - How much will it cost?
The RoboSnail will retail for around $225 depending on your retailer.

hell NO!
As cool as it is. It's not worth paying $225 bucks.

Thats ridiculous, it doesn't seem any different then a glass cleaner that you woukd use by hand, and spend only $20

Plus it provides a bed for this little guy

ForumRunner_20120406_103641.jpg

I agree with most of the sentiment expressed here - it is pretty simple to do this manually. I am all for technology, but it would in no way be worth the money to only clean the front panel of glass (as far as I can tell it can't move from 1 pane to the other). And it is huge, so if you put it in once a day auto, you would have this huge box thing hanging out on the front panel of your tank...

I could see where this could be useful if you had a 300-500 gallon marine tank and you didn't want to clean the glass by hand, but at the same time, you guys are right. It's much easier to clean regular aquariums by hand.

Oh my God..... just finally watched the youtube video...... laughed my butt off when I heard the new age music they put to this stupid magnet..... yes, the music enhances your experience watching the fish, but watching an algae magnet? How incredibly dorky! ROFLMBO!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

The end of the video say "May 2010". Um... It's 2012 already and they are still only taking pre-orders and the design is still unfinished? Looks like it will never come to be as it costs way too much. AirHogs should steal the idea and run with it at about 30 bucks a unit.

meegosh said:
I can't watch the videos here at work but how does it go from the front glass to the sides, and then the back?

It doesn't, you would need four. So, at their projected price it would be $1000 for a complete set. A total waste.

This is the start of something special!

Technolgy :)

One day it will be a lot cheaper and a massive hit :)

I don't know. A lot of people hire services to come clean their tanks, and others love fish keeping but struggled with cleaning due to schedules or disabilities. In this case they'll just be hiring a $200 robot. I would say this is better than begrudging them the opportunity to experience a great hobby.

That said, I'm not there yet. And I live for tank cleaning day!

Back
Top Bottom