OMG, Kuhli loaches are freaken tiny !!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw some at my pet store (For the first time).

Anyways, they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tiny and small !!!

they burrow in the gravel and hide in the rocks and driftwood.
They aren't very active, sleeping most of the time.

anyways, they are soooooo tiny and skinny that I saw some of them go inside the filter intake !!
and I saw some of them squeeze thru the tank dividers and go to the other tank (which was stupid because he got eaten by cichlids) !!

i'm very hesistant to buy them - not because you will never see them, but because they might get eaten, or commit suicide in the filter intake!!

Some of my LFS sell real skinny juvies too. They'll fatten up with time and care.

I saw some BLACK kuhli loaches - are the same species ??

are they more rare ??

I think khulis come in black, golden or striped--it just depends on what comes in that day.
My khulis come out for food--it's fun to see 5-10 of the fatties grazing on the rocks, but they are hard to photograph.

Attachments

• shy_khuli_loach.jpg
    shy_khuli_loach.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 162
Black kuhlis are a different species, but size/care is the same. Those small kuhlis are shipped from time to time...many LFSes buy them as the cost is about 20% of that of the big ones.

I ended up buying some Khuli Loaches !!!

I bought 3 -
2 orange/black stripe
1 black
(feng shui)

Anyways, I managed to find some adult ones !!
they were long and fat - NICE !!
I put them in my tank - they are so active, they don't hide at all - they just sunbake (so-to-speak)

very cool.

Back
Top Bottom