On the watch for a tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering if I would be able to add a angel fish to the mix? I want one so bad but if I have to wait until my next upgrade probably same time next year I will. And I'm not sure my tank would be tall enough? It's 91cm long,45cm high, 38wide.

Actually I've decided no on the angel I will wait until my next upgrade and I'm hoping my rams will spawn. Oh also the ph in my tank dropped to 6 and the nitrites where at the high end ammo 0 and nitrates 10 so my tank must have gone into a mini cycle with the change over. I've haven't added all my sons fish yet incase this happened I only added 3 panda corys but one didn't make it :( I was going to wait a week to add the 2 platys. Do you think the ph drop could have caused it or maybe the aqua soil I'm using because I know that leaks ammonia for awhile? Or me adding the corys? I didn't think the 3 corys would have caused it though?
And a plant question I have a green tiger lotus and its melting pretty bad should I remove the leaves and hope it comes up again ok? Dosing with flourish comprehensive and use API root tabs usually but haven't added them to the new tank yet. I do have 2 left so ill put one under the lotus now.

Oh I've just done a 50% wc

I just went ahead and added the rest of the fish left in my sons tank since I'm going to be doing 50% wc everyday until this mini cycle gets sorted and most were just small platy fry. Anyway the big test is going to be how Dracula the male Betta is going to go now he's in aswell I added him last. He was aggressive for the first few days in my sons community with one of the platys mainly. But then he settled down I think once he realised they weren't a threat to him. But I'm not sure how this will go since there's a bigger range if fish now including Guppys and the rams and I'm hoping the tetras behave themselves and don't take to nipping. So ill monitor it closely and hope for the best I'd love for him to have all this room but I have the spare tanks if it doesn't fare so well.

I noticed Dracula this morning with a nipped tail and looking depressed, darn it! So I've been watching to see who the culprit was and to my surprise I saw the sail fin Molly take a nip! Not who I expected. He was the one that came with the tank (-_-) Ill keep watching over today and tomorrow and if it continues like I assume it will he will get his own 17.5g. I'm really hoping there's a slim chance it stops and the novelty wears off when there all used to each other a bit more.

I noticed Dracula this morning with a nipped tail and looking depressed, darn it! So I've been watching to see who the culprit was and to my surprise I saw the sail fin Molly take a nip! Not who I expected. He was the one that came with the tank (-_-) Ill keep watching over today and tomorrow and if it continues like I assume it will he will get his own 17.5g. I'm really hoping there's a slim chance it stops and the novelty wears off when there all used to each other a bit more.

I have heard that Molly's can nip, sorry to hear that. Maybe get Dracula his own 5 or 10 gallon tank, they like shallower tanks anyway

Oh really I have the 13g and the 17.5g spare so I thought he could have the bigger one but the 13g isn't as deep. Oh I have the 5g chi but I'd prefer him to have one of the other 2

Oh really I have the 13g and the 17.5g spare so I thought he could have the bigger one but the 13g isn't as deep. Oh I have the 5g chi but I'd prefer him to have one of the other 2

The 13 he would love for sure! They live in rice paddies in the wild so the enjoy space, not depth. Many people have them in large tanks too though, so this is just a suggestion and much less a "you need to"

The 13 he would love for sure! They live in rice paddies in the wild so the enjoy space, not depth. Many people have them in large tanks too though, so this is just a suggestion and much less a "you need to"

Ok I'll use the 13g if need be which will probably have to happen if the Molly doesn't get over his tail nipping fetish. He was in that tank before anyway

Ok I'll use the 13g if need be which will probably have to happen if the Molly doesn't get over his tail nipping fetish. He was in that tank before anyway

Some melafix might help the betta heal his fins a little quicker too, but its not necessary. Hopefully the Molly will stop, good luck!

Some melafix might help the betta heal his fins a little quicker too, but its not necessary. Hopefully the Molly will stop, good luck!

Ill add some after a water change tomorrow thanks. Ohh I think I might have some breeding behaviour happening with my rams :D so I looked and saw a small ditch in the right hand front corner under the amazon sword and Marley hanging around it then I noticed he was pushing the aquasoil around. Dora has been hanging about it too. I think they might not be settled on the spot yet though they have still been looking and digging around but that's the only place they have made a ditch. They haven't shown aggression over the spot either. Does this sound like they are trying to settle on a breeding spot?

Back
Top Bottom