One more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have completed my stocking list for my new 65 gallon ( person I bought from told me 65 the bow front calculator put it at over 75, but I'm siding on lower volume) I just need one more fish I was thinking some sort of Pleco, any advice would be appreciated

Here is my current list (no one in yet )

3 pearl gourami
5 Boesemani Rainbow
3 Otos
3 spotted hillstream loach
8 bleeding heart tetras ( love how they school)

With my filter and tank size aqAvisor says I still have room. Here is a pic (note the lonely platy from my daughters tank) she was sad said my new tank needed someone to keep it safe so she put in her favorite one

Attachments

• image-2550826609.jpg
    image-2550826609.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 127
I have completed my stocking list for my new 65 gallon ( person I bought from told me 65 the bow front calculator put it at over 75, but I'm siding on lower volume) I just need one more fish I was thinking some sort of Pleco, any advice would be appreciated

Here is my current list (no one in yet )

3 pearl gourami
5 Boesemani Rainbow
3 Otos
3 spotted hillstream loach
8 bleeding heart tetras ( love how they school)

With my filter and tank size aqAvisor says I still have room. Here is a pic (note the lonely platy from my daughters tank) she was sad said my new tank needed someone to keep it safe so she put in her favorite one

So far you have a nice start. You could easily add bristlenose plecos two of them to be exact. Either normal or albino. I would also add a second school of tetras but that's just my opinion.

Please note that the three gourami's may fight. You could just get one and add a pair of rams or a similar dwarf cichlid or a dwarf gourami.

Thanks for the advice I amended my ideas with a little research. I'm now thinking the single pearl gourami and I will add a school of neon tetras, a bristilenose and I'm thinking a single or a pair of dwarf cichlids. Any recommendations on the type of cichlids? I would love something to really pop with the black sand bottom.

Also I guess I'll need more plant coverage also, I have experience with many types of fish but none with cichlids.

Thanks for the advice I amended my ideas with a little research. I'm now thinking the single pearl gourami and I will add a school of neon tetras, a bristilenose and I'm thinking a single or a pair of dwarf cichlids. Any recommendations on the type of cichlids? I would love something to really pop with the black sand bottom.

Also I guess I'll need more plant coverage also, I have experience with many types of fish but none with cichlids.

Electric blue or German blue rams or my personal favorite. They are rather sensitive though.

GBR are always fun or you could try apistogramma cacatuoides.

I decided to add 10 Harlequin Rasbora today after seeing them schooling at the lfs. So now I have them and the single platy. I was unhappy with what else they had. I was recommended another one nearby, I'm going to pay them a visit tomorrow need a few more plants and maybe a bubbler

Don't forget to research the hillstream loaches. They need cooler water and probably shouldn't be kept with rams since the should be in about 80 degree water. They also should have some nice current because that's what they're built for and well oxygenated water as well.

Oh I know I am not actually set on the rams those were just suggestions. I have done my research and the hillstream loach needs cooler water, but the spotted hillstream needs warmer water. But honestly thanks for the heads up

Here is an update instead of a bristlenose pleco I got a butterfly one, (had much nicer coloration) and a few new plants. I also saw a green phantom sailfin pleco but can't afford one of those (they wanted almost 100$$ here are a couple new pics

Attachments

• image-2869352108.jpg
    image-2869352108.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1054844453.jpg
    image-1054844453.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom