One more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon with a male betta, a Cory cat, a nerite snail, and 2 platies. I was hoping to add around 2-3 more fish. I have been keeping up with water changes and test my water weekly. I was wondering if I could add two more Corey's, and divide my tank with a screen, then get another betta.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Dividing the tank would limit the space too much for the other fish. I would go with 4 more cory cats to round out the school and keep it at that.

I heard that you need a 30g to keep corys

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I've kept 5 cories in a 10 gallon with no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard that you need a 30g to keep corys

It's debatable, Many people are cory fanatics and insist that they can't be happy in smaller tanks. It's really to the point of being a cult following.

In my experience, they do great in a 10g; although I wouldn't put them in anything smaller.

Good to know because I love Corys

I've kept 5 cories in a 10 gallon with no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I currently have 4 pepper cories in my 10 gallon fry tank and the are very happy.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

I've kept cories in a ten gallon to "grow out" before they went into my 55. I got another batch of them around the same age, same time and put them directly in the 55 to avoid crowding in the small tank. The difference in the rate of growth and activity is noticeable in my opinion. Of course the more freedom they have, the better. If you're monitoring the tank it isn't the end of the world but I am one of those people who will suggest a group of cories that size should be homed in a larger tank. Either way, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom