One more question lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShyGecko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I keep from over feeding my fish? I have medium to big fish in my 72 gal and I feed them flake food and shrimp pellets in the morning, then I give the bottom feeders some aglae tabs and carnivore tabs at night, but unless I feed my other fish a bunch of flake food when I feed my bottom feeders, they eat all the tabs before the bottom feeders can get to them. Should I skip the morning feeding and just feed them at night? If so then how do I give them the shrimp pellets without my bigger fish eating them all up? Right now I have Bala Sharks, large rainbow fish, rosy barbs, white clouds, Gouramis, Kribensis Cichlids, a couple botias, a couple corys, and a pleco. The Balas can fit an entire shrimp pellet in their mouths, as can a couple of the rainbows, and they go around gobbling them all up, being hogs. HELP!! What should I do?

try use a tube to deposit the pellets directly onto the gravel

tube that works good for this, and is cheap are T8 fluorescent tube protectors, you can get them at most stored like HD and Lowes, should be about $2 or $3 for 4ft

another thing you could try is feeding the bottom feeders after dark, once the regular fish have calmed down some

maybe a combo of these two would achieve good results ;)

I have a similar problem trying to get algae wafers to my plecos that share a tank with goldfish ... the goldfish can eat an entire wafer before it reaches the bottom, and even then, they scavange the bottom so much that using the tube method doesn't help either

The problem is, all my fish just go to the bottom and eat it from there. I have no problem GETTING it to the bottom, just keeping it there without the bullies eating it is the problem. LMAO My fish are such pigs that they've all turned themselves into bottom feeders to get at that food. One good thing is, I never have to worry about left over or excess food settling on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom