One of my Cory's is acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishGuy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 Cory Cats in my tank...one of them has strated acting very weird. The 4 of them have alway preatty much stayed together and have been fine. I noticed in the last few days that the biggest of them....a Peppered Cory....has become anti-social...he no longer stays around the othe corys and he is always hiding. I recently had a Gourami die so I've been watching them all very closely....making sure no one is sick.....the big cory hides all the time....the only way I can get him to move to see if he is alive is to try to net him and he darts away somewhere else in the tank to hide....I haven't even seen him easting, though he might be eating after the lights go out at night since I feed them just before going to bed. Any ideas... :?: :?: :?: :?:

What other types of corys do you have in there? I have 2 albino and one peppered. At first they all hung out together alot, but now the peppered mostly goes around on his own. Although they will all get along, I think they prefer to school with their own kind.

I had 4 Julii Cory's and 1 peppered and at first they all hung out but now the peppered stays to himself. also I just lost one of my Julii's this week..So I am thinking of getting another peppered to replace it..

I've been wondering about the coloration of the peppered cory; do they all the same darkenss in their spots or does it vary with mood or individuality or what?

That the peppered cory is alone is really nothing to worry about. However, in my mind, for a cory, any cory, to spend all day hiding and not moving at all except to escape a netting attempt, that is definitely *not* normal behavior. Which would indicate to me he is either sick or dying of old age.

i have 5 bronze cories and the biggest 2 always hang with eachother and all the little ones school around the bottom looking for food, but when i come even within a foot of the tank somehow they feel my vibrations and run away! either that or the see me

Well...I miss typed in the first post....it isn't the peppered who is anti-social now...it is the spotted.....he IS the biggest one.....I don't think he is sick just because when the lights are out, he is coming out to eat and move around.....Not only is he the biggest one, but he is 2x the size of the peppered and prolly 3x the size of the 2 albinos

I have had the spotted for about 3 months now.....and the weird thing now is that he is almost acting normal....still not shoaling at all...but coming out....still only eating at night, but eating well

Back
Top Bottom