One thing they don't tell you when you get a UV...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

At least with my set-up, a 304 and turbo-twist 9W, you need to get two more rubber endpieces for the 304 for where the tube connect into and out of the UV. I had it with the tubes just going in and out without the extra grey rubber ends and I had constant leaking. And since the 304 doesn't come with any extra and most stores don't sell them, it can be a real pain to pick two up. Finally got two and now its dry as a bone. No mention of it at all in the instructions so I thought it bore mentioning.

It's good to point out things like that :) Too many times products are advertised as being easy to use only to end up being true nightmares in reality.

Hmmmmmm, I hope I don't run into a problem like that. I just ordered the aquamedic 9w UV sterilizerfrom FS .

I wouldn't worry, AquaMedic is an excellent company. The old axiom, "You get what you pay for," has always held true in my book :wink:

travis simonson said:
I wouldn't worry, AquaMedic is an excellent company. The old axiom, "You get what you pay for," has always held true in my book :wink:

Coral Life IS a good company, so I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but ok. Thanks for the wink.

I can't say that I've used anything except Aqua brand UV's but I've talked to plenty of people who have purchased other brands that can only be cleaned by disassembly (i.e. pulling them off-line, taking them apart, and swabbing the quartz sleeve). The Aqua UV that I use has a built-in squeegee that allows me to swab the quartz sleeve while it's running. I'll pay for that convenience any day.

Stupid question here:
The UV sterilizes unwated bacteria?
and does that connect to the intake line or outgoing line?
I just saw one in a catolog but it didnt describe the need or hook up of one too well.

To the outgoing line from the filter, so you don't have to clean it too often.

Yeah, really well. My water is so clear it looks like I filled the tank with Evian. Kills bacteria, paracites, and even some algea.

travis simonson said:
UV will kill everything in the water path - wanted or unwanted. It's not selective.

What would you want alive in your water?

Back
Top Bottom