Online/Catalog Retailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobtrop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting back into the hobby (freshwater) after being away for a few years and I'm looking for a retailer who sells online and/or via catalog. Someone who has decent prices and who is also reliable.

I've been doing some searching on the internet and came across a place called Big Al's who really seemed to have some great prices. Anyone have any experiences with this retailer? Something about the name "Big Al's" bothers me a bit. Thanks.

We have ordered a few things at the store from Big Als and were happy with them. Dr Foster has a pretty good selection and decent prices. It depends a lot on what you're looking for. I ordered two pump housings and an iodine test kit from Dr Fosters last week and haven't seen it yet. Starting to wonder about them...
Logan J

Also keep in mind that most online retailers will price match. That Pet Place/That Fish Place (www.thatfishplace.com) has matched Big Als and other retailers pricing for me. You need to call to place the order so they can verify the price of the other retailer. I've been dealing with TFT for over 10 yrs and found them to be reliable. They also have reasonable shipping charges and free shipping on large orders. Returns, should that be necessary are quick and easy. Customer service is excellant.

i'm just going to through some more props out for big als. great prices, good service, shipping was quick enough.

That's funny. In my town, Big Al's is the local strip club. Big Al on the sign looks like a fifties gangster with a tommy gun and all :lol:

Back
Top Bottom