Online fish stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only ever ordered live fish online from LiveAquaria/Fosters&Smith. They were expensive but stood by their guarantee. 3 of 5 fish arrived DOA, they shipped out 3 more at no cost to me.

3 of 5? That's not good. It is nice that they replace the dead fish, but it doesn't say much about them that the fish arrived dead in the first place. I really like their website and selection, but the shipping is steep.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

3 of 5? That's not good. It is nice that they replace the dead fish, but it doesn't say much about them that the fish arrived dead in the first place. I really like their website and selection, but the shipping is steep.

Live aquaria has been really hit or miss. They've sent me the wrong fish before, they've sent me nice looking fish before, and they've sent me fish with ich and parasites.

Yeah, they honor their refund policy but like you said, I would have preferred not to have been sent sick/dead fish. I usually look elsewhere and only if I can't find it somewhere else then I'll go to liveaquaria.

I think I may go with Pet Solutions. It looks like some of the fish I wanted are out of stock, but they have good prices. Any input?

I think I may go with Pet Solutions. It looks like some of the fish I wanted are out of stock, but they have good prices. Any input?

They have a narrow selection. It doesn't seem like their website gets updated often as everything is always out of stock, may be worth calling and asking about. I got otos from them though and they came in healthy and they gave me a free one. Drip acclimated and they're still going strong. Their shipping was really cheap for me as well. $19 for overnight. They ship from Ohio though and I'm in Kentucky so not a far distance. My fish shipped out at 4pm and were at my door by 9am. Overall I was happy but only have that limited experience with them.

What fish are you looking for? I ordered my Evolve 4 from them, it had a major leak straight out of the box and I had a huge battle with them about replacing it.

Oh, no. ?. I'm not buying anything yet. I have to get the tank ready. Nothing special. Fancy guppies, angel fish, cories, longfin gold danios, cherry barbs, and maybe a blue crayfish. Have you ordered any fish from them?

They have a narrow selection. It doesn't seem like their website gets updated often as everything is always out of stock, may be worth calling and asking about. I got otos from them though and they came in healthy and they gave me a free one. Drip acclimated and they're still going strong. Their shipping was really cheap for me as well. $19 for overnight. They ship from Ohio though and I'm in Kentucky so not a far distance. My fish shipped out at 4pm and were at my door by 9am. Overall I was happy but only have that limited experience with them.

Sounds good. I will call and ask about the specific fish I want, then.

Oh, no. ?. I'm not buying anything yet. I have to get the tank ready. Nothing special. Fancy guppies, angel fish, cories, longfin gold danios, cherry barbs, and maybe a blue crayfish. Have you ordered any fish from them?
No, I haven't and after all the trouble I had with their customer service regarding the leaky tank I wouldn't deal with them again.

Back
Top Bottom