Online fish stores?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
W

waynephinney

My options in my local area are pretty slim. Just a Petland. Their fish stock is ok when they are stocked, but they let things run dry quite often. Also, they don't have everything that I need, and if I could get things for substantially less online, then why wouldn't I?

With that being said, I have no clue where to shop for things online. Let's say I get my tank stable and I want to special order something (like a crab or a shrimp or something), then I would need a place with an "alive when it gets there" guarantee.

But even for supplies it would be beneficial to have a wider variety of items to choose from, because I am quickly learning that the only person who APPEARS to have half a clue at Petland really doesn't know what he's doing at all.

Which reminds me... now that I think about it. I bought my ferrets there and they talked about how easy they were to litter train. More BS. No, they are not hard, but getting them to hit the pan 100% of the time is. I'm STILL working on that one.

I'm so glad I found this place. Now if only I could find other communities for ferrets and other animals as well. Then I'd be much better off.

I like pets, but sometimes I just don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

The fish, four ferrets, and a couple of cats for now. Nothing else until we have a bigger home.

Here's the deal with ordering live fish online: shipping cost.

www.liveaquaria.com is where I purchased some starfish, snails and shrimp for my SW tank, and they also have FW stuff too.

But its a minimum of $20 shipping, because it must be over-nighted or everything shows up dead or knocking on death's door.

So obviously ordered a couple paradise fish there would be bad: $25 for two fish that should be $2.99 locally (if you could find em).

However, if you're talking about ordering a dozen fish or more, and they aren't exactly easy to find species, that might be a really good option.

YOu could also try aquabid.com - i think they auction fish. you might find someone near you such that you could avoid shipping altogether and just buy from another hobbyist, probably really cheaply too.

Back
Top Bottom