Online Fish Tank Dealers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know of any good online canadian retailers that sell larger fish tanks (55+)? I am just wanting to look at different size tank prices. Thanks for the help.

Large tanks would be much too expensive to sell online. What you could do is use a phone book and phone a bunch of fish stores in your area and compare prices. Also check in your local bargain finder for good deals.

even a 55 gallon tank is to large. That was basically the largest i was looking at, i know its not huge but its bigger than any tank i have.

It depends.

If you have anual fish shows in your area, Like aquarium conventions.. then tank manufacterures may take your order, and take it with them when they go to set up for the convention and allow you to simply pick up your order right there.

You probably wouldn't have to pay on any shipping that way, either.

Other than that, the freight charge would kill you if you even found anyone that shipped large tanks.

ok then. will then i guess i will have to start calling some lfs. they dont have any fish show convetions around my area. after getting prices its working on tlkaing the mom into letting me get the tank lol.

Well, Your next bet would be classifieds.

You can find them for rediculous prices in there, I'm sure they ahve something like that in Canada.

DOwn here where I live, there are some absolutely stupid deals at times in the local classifieds.

I've seen 180gal complete SW setups sell for just a few hundred.

i have been looking in the classifieds, but not much luck. there wasa 90 g with custom stadn for 900, and a 72 bow, and 29gall i think salt water for 2800, so thats not what i was looking for. I also looked at glasscages.com, but i dint know if they shipped to canada or not.

i just called one LFS and they 55 g was like 160 pluis tax, does that seem very expensive or a fair price. im gonna keep looking though, and then after i get all the prices i will ask my mom about it lol.

o ok, i thought it might have been a little expensive, i ahve nevre bought a tank bigger then 20 gallons and it was only like 50 bucks, ill have to call around to a few more places though. petsmart in my area usually has some good prices.

You can find a 55 kit (tank, hood, filter, heater) at Walmart for around $180 although the filters, etc aren't the best quality. Pet-smart in my area had 55 tank+lid for about $150. If you have a Big Al's in town, check them out, last I look, the 55 tanks are about $130 or so. They do have a "package deal" where you get pretty decent equipment (Emporor biowheel, good heater, etc) with a 55 tank for around $250. That is the best deal I've found considering the quality of equipment.

I did however, managed to find a much better deal used at the local classified, although I was looking for over 6 months. Another place to look for is ebay. People won't ship tanks that size, but if someone in your area is selling, you might find something for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom