Online Retailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its been a while since I visited AA as I haven't had the time for the tank due to the son. However, he's old enough to start taking an interest in things and one of them is the fish tank.

Othe than the occassional trimming and cleaning the tank hasn't had much work done to it in the last couple of years. The algea stayed controlled due to bunched plants growing out of control every few months. Surprisingly, I had an anubia actually flower during the time and haven't lost a plant that survived the initial planting.

I lost my canister two weeks ago so having to put money into the tank, I decided it was time to take back control.

My biggest question is where are all of you betting plants online? I have aquariumplant.com bookmarked but am not sure that's where I placed my original order. I've read a couple recent bad comments from them and while most of my plants were ok when I received them, several were not in the healthiest condition. As I recall those are the ones that did not survive the original planting.

The local fish store has a faily nice inventory of plants, but the standard swords, etc. I have a South American tank going and would like to keep it true to theme.

I'm looking for some additional anubias. I have a miniature one that I like rather well and a couple more grouped in a planting is what I'm after for one section.

If anyone has a recommendation for an online retailer or a tall plant (SA) to hide the mechanics, I'd love to read them.

Here is a really nice mom - pop operation that I've used and been very happy with.
I like their service and prices, an others I've spoken with have also had positive results with them:

http://www.aquariumgarden.com/index.php?doc_base=home.php

A suggestion: When odering on line, put together as large an order as possible, because the initial shipping for most places will eat you up, and with a larger order, you'll get more bang for your buck.

Cute kid, BTW :D

Len

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out. I have a friend with a 165g that is going planted. He's had the kits for a while but hasn't gotten around to converting them. Maybe I'll wait or more than likely, I'll get a second round of plants when he buys his plants.

The picture is a couple years old He just turned three and is an 'expert' at everything. Need to get a more recent pic for him.

Back
Top Bottom