Opaline Gourami Temperment? Male vs Female.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No they won't. Do you realize how small they are and they need special food. You couldn't feed them with larger fish. Have you researched them? They are not community fish. I've been in the hobby for over 30 years and nano fish and other delicate species don't belong in community tanks.

How about croaking gourami. They reach about 2.8 inches whereas the sparkling reaches 1.5

No the sparkling gourami's won't work. They are exceeding small, nano fish and they will hide, be outcompeted for food, and will perish. If you want sparkling gourami's then I suggest looking into getting all nano fish. I am currently running a 55g planted nano fish tank with Chili Rasbora's, Clown Killifish, Burmese Rosey Loaches, Scarlet Badis, and Aspidoras (a small cousin in the cory cat family). There are many other nano fish such as all the dwarf pencilfish (purple pencilfish are incredibly colored),Pygmy Multi Striped loaches, Ember tetra's, and a lot more.

Show us this tank please. I currently working on a nano tank. Have not heard of many of these fish.

You already have 3 big gourami's in a 10g and want to get more? Even after you upgrade a 30g isn't big enough for 3 much less getting a 4th. Just because the females get along now doesn't mean as they mature they will continue to do so. Plus the fact you don't have enough room for 3 in a 30g adding a 4th could disrupt the current peace between the other 3.

At the moment I have two female pearl gourami and one female blue gourami. Gonna get a female gold gourami tomorrow. As you can tell I <3 gourami.

This is the 3rd thread I've seen started on this subject I tried helping you on the first one you've come looking for advice yet your going against what everyone has advised you on I told from the start that that many gouramis won't work in a 10g or a 30g no matter their size due to aggression ultimately its your choice on what to do with your tank but we are trying to help create the best home for these wonderful creatures just a reminder these are living animals just like a cat or dog

This is the 3rd thread I've seen started on this subject I tried helping you on the first one you've come looking for advice yet your going against what everyone has advised you on I told from the start that that many gouramis won't work in a 10g or a 30g no matter their size due to aggression ultimately its your choice on what to do with your tank but we are trying to help create the best home for these wonderful creatures just a reminder these are living animals just like a cat or dog

Tbh mate my pet store said that if any of the fish I buy are aggressive they would take them back and give me a different. I have been sat here watching them for an hour and I haven't seen any fights or chasing at all. The two pearls love eachother to bits and don't separate and the blue isn't nervous she doesn't bother the pearls at all and she even lets me hand feed her and I've owned her. Everything is going swimmingly!

I will keep you informed vance. Because of you I now know to stay away from pearls and kissing gourami because of their aggression thank you so much man!

Tbh mate my pet store said that if any of the fish I buy are aggressive they would take them back and give me a different. I have been sat here watching them for an hour and I haven't seen any fights or chasing at all. The two pearls love eachother to bits and don't separate and the blue isn't nervous she doesn't bother the pearls at all and she even lets me hand feed her and I've owned her. Everything is going swimmingly!

You'll really want to keep an eye on them as they approach sexual maturity. Sadly our personal love for our fish does not always translate into love amongst themselves.

Kissing are the biggest peaceful onesactually. Reaching sized up to a foot. I believe they are peaceful but I am not sure on that haha

Kissing gouramis CAN be peaceful, they can also be incredibly violent. mine share a tank with a blood parrot and an Oscar. They hold their own just fine:)

Back
Top Bottom