Opinions on Azoo Palm Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I put one on my 5 gallon betta tank. Given it is under filters but I figured with one fish it would be ok. Water parameters stay within parameters. But my betta has developed some fin rot. So does anyone have any opinions on this filter?

I like the low current it creates and it is quiet. So far I am happy with it just worried about my Picky I want to make sure the filter isn't the cause.

Water changes are 1x per week. I did get a little lazy with this over Christmas for 1-2 weeks it might have been 1x per week and a half but his darkening fin was there before this. Not sure if it is his coloring of if it was fin rot. It is fin rot now for sure and I am treating him.

THanks!

I used one of those filters on a 5.5 for a couple of years. I loved it. Great nano filter imo.

What are your water parameters? NH4, NO2, NO3, pH, temp?

I have used those filters before, also in 5.5g with a betta. They perform the task required of them quite nicely.

Parameters are good. Temp holds a steady 79, Ammonia and Nitrites 0, Nitrates around 5 and pH is a 7.4-7.6

I'm just concerned about his fins. I will just keep on the route I am on maybe up the salt.

Thanks all! I am glad the filter has worked for others I really like it on this tank.

Back
Top Bottom