Opinions on live stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing wrong with that, just speaking from my personal experience with the fish. They are the largest rainbows I would keep in this size tank, but they would be fine.

I'd only kept them in a 3 foot tank - I have no doubt that they will do fine in a 20 high. I also think the big rainbows need a 6 foot tank, though they'll do fine in a 4. Same difference really I guess. Yay consistency :)

Peacock Gudgeons just lying on the bottom? No way! I have three young ones right now, and they are very active, although not hyper like Rainbow fish. I personally LOVE their personalities. They seem to be very intelligent, and like I said, super personable. They have a personality much like a female betta, IMO

Apistos need 30g minimum? He had decided on a pair but after reading a bit we are discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone

How about 12 dwarf puffers? I had 12 of them in my 20g and they school !! It is amazing to see puffers school. The males will stay around the edge of the school and its so cool! Haha option 1 is good as well, especially when you get a pair of GBRs which are a mating pair

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apistos need 30g minimum? He had decided on a pair but after reading a bit we are discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone

Nope, I have a pair in a 10, have for months, a pair would be more than happy to have that tank, some rummynose to keep them company even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sent from my iPhone

This is incorrect, definitely 10g minimum for almost every species all depending on overall size and temperament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How about 12 dwarf puffers? I had 12 of them in my 20g and they school !! It is amazing to see puffers school. The males will stay around the edge of the school and its so cool! Haha option 1 is good as well, especially when you get a pair of GBRs which are a mating pair

Didn't even think of puffers!! That is something we have never tried. I'll bring this up to him!

Nope, I have a pair in a 10, have for months, a pair would be more than happy to have that tank, some rummynose to keep them company even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is incorrect, definitely 10g minimum for almost every species all depending on overall size and temperament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is good news! Once my life isn't chaos with the busted pipe we will seriously start considerations again. Looks like putting that fish in that tank is nothing but a pipe dream.

Sent from my iPhone

If you do the puffers wouldn't go more then 5. Messy fish with high bio load

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Puffers don't have high bioloads IMO. Provided you have adequate filtration. They are very small so for the group of 12, a small pinch of bloodworms every day is sufficient. Make sure each one gets 2 is enough because 2 makes them bloated already!

I am currently helping a friend set up a dwarf puffer tank in fact. They look like fun and curious fish with tons of personality.:)

What type of substrate are you using? I think I need to replace mine, the fish/tadpoles keep up rooting them

Back
Top Bottom