opinions on Marineland emperor 400 filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyGuy333

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I needed a filter for my 40 gallon and I was at petsmart the other day and they had multiple ones of these for half off.

It is a marineland Emperor 400 Power filter.
it says it filters 400 gallons per hour and is rated up to 80 gallons.

is this a good filter in general?
Is this a good filter for my 40 gallon? I know it is better to overfilter but is there a limit?

thanks to everyone that responds in advance!

Hey everyone I needed a filter for my 40 gallon and I was at petsmart the other day and they had multiple ones of these for half off.

It is a marineland Emperor 400 Power filter.

it says it filters 400 gallons per hour and is rated up to 80 gallons.

is this a good filter in general?

Is this a good filter for my 40 gallon? I know it is better to overfilter but is there a limit?

thanks to everyone that responds in advance!

I am running both bio wheel 200 and aqua-clear 70 on my 36G tank, I will recommend Aquaclear.

Btw if you are willing to spend few more, I will highly recommend canister filter. It's low maintenance and more media and few more benefits. I think Sus-sun canister filters are cheaper and given very good reviews :)

I have a marineland emperor 280 on my 26g and it's amazing. I love it. I haven't tried much filters tbh but it's a really good filter imo

I went to petsmart today and bought a aquaclear 30 it produces like 150 gph and it's really good ! Sadly my guppies I bought have internal parasites so I can not use the carbon insert on the filter because the parasite medication won't work with carbon filter on but aquaclear filters are really good

Back
Top Bottom