Opinions on my stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll list the fish I have currently and the ones I'm thinking about getting..
55 Gallon:
- Four Line Pictus Catfish x1
- Sun Catfish x2
- Rubberlip Pleco x1
- Angelfish x1

I was thinking about adding a small school of 3"+ fish to even out my tank's levels. Maybe some Boesemani Rainbowfish? They're definitely my favorite variety of rainbows, but they're crazy expensive for me. I'll have to get a job first haha. Any other suggestions for schooling fish that wouldn't completely overstock me and could hold up against catfish?

20 Gallon (high):
- Glass Catfish x5

I'm considering:
Bolivian Rams x2
and some kind of upper level fish? Maybe a gourami? Maybe another bottom dweller as well? Suggestions are greaaat

5 Gallon:
- King Betta (Male) x1
- Pond Snails

I want to add some kind of shrimp, but I've never kept shrimp and I'm not sure which types would be compatible.

My other tank is "complete", and I'm sure some people will think it's overstocked, but I've had no problems with anything and I do regular water changes and maintenance...

10 Gallon:
- Peppered Corydoras (Adult) x3 (1 Female, 2 Males)
- Peppered Corydoras (Juveniles) x3
- Flame Dwarf Gourami x1

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
-Morgan

My catfish don't seem eager to eat smaller fish, so I'm really interested in adding a small school of something with them.
I'd really appreciate some input ;)

Hi. Wish i could help my my FW experience is limited to cichlids. lol

You don't seem very stocked in the 55g so I'm sure you have room for something.

Good luck, I'm sure someone who knows these fish will come along. :)

Thanks Carey, cichlids are pretty much the only FW fish I haven't had haha.
It may seem like the 55 isn't that full, but those catfish grow quite large, and only my four-line is fully grown. :>

Thanks for the tips on shrimp, I'll have to look for some soon. I just want something large enough so my betta won't think it's food (he's kind of huge btw) but something that won't add too much bioload.
Obligatory picture of my betta, Oscar
img_1298436_0_a08c44e2be341de3e0740d8ff7fbe7fb.png

He needs to flare his fins sometime. ;)

He's actually a male, google "king bettas" or "plakat bettas"
They don't grow the large fins that males usually have, and are substantially larger. He's 3-4"

Back
Top Bottom