Optimal Flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparky2335r

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has bulkheads plumbed for the intake and return and I'm wondering how I should direct the outflow from the return to get the best waterflow in the tank. I'm running an Eheim 2213 canister and it's only a 35g tank so I think I have enough flow, just would like some advice from all you experts out there on how/where the flow should be pointed. The return is about 1/3 from the edge of one side of the tank and I have it pointed slightly upward going towards the intake. Would it be better to point it toward the short side of the tank and have the flow "Bounce", for lack of a better word, off the side of the tank?

Also, I have two airstones in each back corner of the tank for surface agitation, but do I still want to consider having the return pointed towards the surface at all?

The pic below has the current setup "Red" and what I'm thinking in "Blue". I apologize for the crudeness of the drawings...haha!

Tank%2BFlow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom