Optimal Tank Temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would you suggest as an optimal tank temp for celestial pearl danios, German rams, pygmy cries, and otos?

:thanks:

Why not get something besides the danios? They're the ones that are pretty out of temperature range with the others. You could try between 76-78 but that's going to be stressful to them as it's too high and it's on the lower end for all the other fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't do CDPs and GBRs in the same tank. CPDs want upper 60s to mid/upper 70s, while GBRs need low-mid 80s.

Agreed with above. CPDs and GBRs are mutually exclusive temperature ranges. GBRs are extremely sensitive and prone to illness when kept below 80F (82-84 being ideal). CPDs suffer from low oxygen in those temperatures and need it far cooler (high 60s, low 70s). Trying to average the temp ranges of both will make neither side happy.

GBRs should have at least a 20Long I think ?

I think they'd be OK in a 24" long tank, especially if there are no other bottom-dwellers. Mine spend a lot of time in the middle/upper strata of the tank, and I think that's typical.

Tank Temperature

What would you suggest as an optimal tank temp for celestial pearl danios, German rams, pygmy cries, and otos?

:thanks:

Hello The...

I keep my Rosey Danios in 75-76 degree water.

B

I bought my CPDs from two different sources who both kept them at 79. My tank is at 78 and they're great, fun little fish to watch!

I would highly reccomend not keeping these fish together, they require entirely different parameters. Gbrs will highly appreciate soft water in low 80 ' s. Cpds will do a but harder water in the mid 70 ' s. It may not sound all that big but I can assure you it's the difference between having a fish for a few months and a few years. They also have differing diets..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom