Oranda looking and acting weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
My approx 3yr old Orandas wen is growing these light coloured looking lumps under the surface in the same place on each side of his wen. He’s got a few dents and marks from crashing into the walls (he’s not very manoeuvrable and he had a very traumatic experience that we think left him with a bit of brain damage). Also he has a very small dark mark in the middle of his wen, is that anything to be worried about? Looks like a scab but a fish version. Are these things normal or something to be worried about? (Pics is below)

Also the other day I came home and he was floating around in his back and side. The water was perfect except the ammonia was .25. It looked very much like swim bladder so I gave him a couple peas and fasted him for just under 48 hours. I feed him for the first time a couple hours ago. An hour before I fed him he was on his back once for about 5 secs, but otherwise he’s been his normal self swimming around normally. What is going on, how can I stop it in the future and does he still have swim bladder?

I want to make sure it’s completely gone as he is very prone to getting seriously sick very fast. He’s had a near death experience and I don’t want to take any chances [emoji846]. Any advice seriously appreciated [emoji106] TIA

IMG_1683.jpgIMG_1681.jpgIMG_1691.jpg

From the pics I can't see anything dangerous. Wens grow and get larger and it might be doing that.

Holes or drainage coming out could be a problem.

Excellent water quality would be the number one for helping.

Correct conditions, like temp and filtration. Food. Varied diet with food which sinks. Food which floats can allow them to gulp too much air. Plenty of veggies. Proper tank size for number of fish.

QT any new introductions before adding to tank.

From the pics I can't see anything dangerous. Wens grow and get larger and it might be doing that.

Holes or drainage coming out could be a problem.

Excellent water quality would be the number one for helping.

Correct conditions, like temp and filtration. Food. Varied diet with food which sinks. Food which floats can allow them to gulp too much air. Plenty of veggies. Proper tank size for number of fish.

QT any new introductions before adding to tank.

He passed away last night from dropsy but thx anyway [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom