Orange and black fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Pardon me if it's a very silly idea. I was posting in the football thread in the lounge, and had an idle thought related to the colors of my favorite NFL team... what would make a good orange and black combo in smaller freshwater fish that wouldn't breed out of control... I know there are the sunset platies which look nice and aren't too large, but they'll outspawn any tank I'm likely to keep (30 gallon tops here). Any suggestions?

harlequin rasboras , black viel angels, tiger barbs,just naming some cant be in same tank

Kuhlis are just black and white... too much like the refs ;0

Tiger barbs would be an option, but with their temper, would have to have a tank mostly to themselves, I'd think.

Or maybe I'll just switch to English football and get fish in the Chelsea colors... easier to go with a winner

well you have to have one ref in there :)

get some opposing team fish too, have a teeny football game. I mean...if they can learn soccer.... :)

goldfish1.jpg

Kuhlis are just black and white... too much like the refs ;0

Tiger barbs would be an option, but with their temper, would have to have a tank mostly to themselves, I'd think.

Or maybe I'll just switch to English football and get fish in the Chelsea colors... easier to go with a winner

Really, pretty much all the khuli loaches i have seen are black and orange, anyone know if there are colour variations in khuli's?

I agree with Fishy and BillD... kinda. My three kuhli's are brown/black and orange/pink. What about a koi angel? They are black white and orange.

Never heard of a koi-colored angel... they look interesting though; I see that liveaquaria.com have them (*). I would have to move the danios again, but I don't think they'd care. Thanks for all the suggestions, folks!

(*) - searching around the net now... angelsplus.com. Anyone buy from them before? Looks like they have a great selection.

the two kuhlis I have look exactly like the ones in that video. Kind gray and yellowy stripes with a rosy inner background (depending on their mood, it seems).

The more I read about angelfish, the more I think a small hardy set of platies is looking better. Or just some black tetras to go with my albino cherry barbs (which are mostly orange).

yes there are several different colors out there. i vote for embers....

Ah mgamer, this was the colour variation that i was meaning, this is in fact the only colour i have seen in all lfs's in my area, although they dont turn up all that often

I agree with a majority of the suggestions, but I liked your earlier idea about finding a new team that wins more LOL

Back
Top Bottom