Orange pink slime part II...THE RETURN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesktopTankDiva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I posted a few weeks ago regarding a strange orange/pink grossness that seemingly is not affecting my tank but is growing only on the airtubing.

It grows only under the waterline, and grew on regular clear vinyl tubing as well as the black silicone tubing I have now. It grew in a tank housing only gravel, a heater, and a working filter. I can find it nowhere else in the tank.

I thought I might have detected a miniscule portion on the heater so I turned the temp down to 77 degrees, it made no difference. It appeared in an unplanted tank, and now that I've added in live plants, it still appears. I have no fish and my tank is currently cycling, unstable but nearing the end.

Any idea on what this is? It's a slow grower and I can wipe it off the tubing so it's not the worst problem in the world, but I'd still rather not have it at all.

I hope the pics are clear enough. I couldn't detach the tubing, my tank is so small any disturbance causes a huge decor ruckus.

Thanks!
DesktopD

Attachments

• 20190111_225702.jpg
    20190111_225702.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190111_225823.jpg
    20190111_225823.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 43
The tank gets very little light, the power supply to the LED lights are not even attached, I've attached it a few times only to take pics for this forum. The tank sits tucked in a corner of my kitchen counter, it's far from any sunlight much less direct sunlight. My range hood light is located about 4 feet away.

Thinking of putting it near sunlight so maybe algae would eat it! Ha!

Could it be from overdosing Stability? I typically syringe in an exact measure but a few times I eyeballed it and free-poured.

It is weird. Even weirder that it's not happened to anyone else.

I like to think I'm special!

Lol. Well you could be special or your water chemistry is off right now being your tank isn't cycled so your getting the mystery slime.

Back
Top Bottom