Orange verses black mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mushroomfarie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Everytime I look up molly diseases I always see black molly this and black molly that. In my experience though black mollies are some of the toughest mollies around. My black molly has survived though ich, velvet, and a mystery disease that killed off my entire tank.
On the other hand i should start seeing orange molly this and orange molly that. They seem to be the weakest. I have lost an orange molly in each of those events. It has gotten to the point that I will never buy an orange molly again. For instance I just barely lost another orange molly. (found in the unhealthy fish section) When he died I did an autopsy on him to be sure I wasn't dealing with internal parasites or anything. No parasites but he did have a thick slime over one of his gills. neither my black or dalmatian molly have that at all.
Sorry I just needed to rant as I am rather upset over the loss of the last orange molly I will ever own.

I guess everyone has different experiences with fish. All the black mollies i've ever kept have failed to thrive and died in my tanks, and the oranges do great.

Typical hey? :roll:

I had alot of luck with Jungle "Ick Clear" worked really well for me. It is also in an eperversant tablet making dosing easy!

Back
Top Bottom