Ordered these betta fish today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They're all females and I'm going to start a sorority and breed them.
What do you think of them? I payed 10 bucks for each one and theyre coming next week :D
Got all the pretty ones <3

Attachments

• image-3854926299.jpg
    image-3854926299.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1587395479.jpg
    image-1587395479.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1603429206.jpg
    image-1603429206.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1326944781.jpg
    image-1326944781.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3723640255.jpg
    image-3723640255.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4263005291.jpg
    image-4263005291.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 109
Haha that was the same :| I was only meant to pick 2 muahaha

I like the white one :D its the one I'm breeding with one of my males shark

Attachments

• image-15931864.jpg
    image-15931864.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 100
Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion. :)

It's been my experience that sorority tanks tend to not work out in the long term. Hopefully you will have a different experience.

Unless it's a heavily planted 55 gal or larger, I wouldn't attempt a sorority (and even then I, personally, would not). I've tried it a few different ways and I really feel bettas are stressed when in the presense of another betta. It's quite a pain in the bum when you have to find places for 6 different females if they need seperated. I speak from experience on that one.

Beautiful bettas and kudos for ordering from a breeder. ;)

My favorite is the blue and purplish one. Read a bunch about how to breed betas and treat them well! I want picks of the babies. Who knows,, I might even be interested in buying one of the babies

siva said:
Unless it's a heavily planted 55 gal or larger, I wouldn't attempt a sorority (and even then I, personally, would not). I've tried it a few different ways and I really feel bettas are stressed when in the presense of another betta. It's quite a pain in the bum when you have to find places for 6 different females if they need seperated. I speak from experience on that one.

Beautiful bettas and kudos for ordering from a breeder. ;)

See thats the problem lol I don't have a tank yet :S but iv been saving up from work and got some money so now

pattyfurg said:
See thats the problem lol I don't have a tank yet :S but iv been saving up from work and got some money so now

Whoops lol
... Now iv got atleast $2000
I'm going to buy a REALLY big tank MUAHAHAHAHA and then put some other fish too hehe would a sorority be better if the females were sisters? Because iv got some friends that would take them if they didn't work out :(
Iv got alot of spare tanks and heaters but no filters
So I can keep them there and breed them then give them away?? What do you think?

TyTy98 said:
My favorite is the blue and purplish one. Read a bunch about how to breed betas and treat them well! I want picks of the babies. Who knows,, I might even be interested in buying one of the babies

Yeah iv bred my betta once before and I have I think 18 babies. And if your really interested I can contact you once I have :D

pattyfurg said:
Whoops lol
I'm going to buy a REALLY big tank MUAHAHAHAHA and then put some other fish too hehe would a sorority be better if the females were sisters? Because iv got some friends that would take them if they didn't work out :(
So I can keep them there and breed them then give them away?? What do you think?

If you've got heaps of spare tanks. Why not make a whole heap if sponge filters and run them from one big air pump? Nice and cheep!

Whoops lol
I've never been able to try that but, I would have more hope for sisters that had never been seperated, yes. The problem would be if you were breeding sorority members, they would have to be removed from the tank for that, and when re-introduced, things could get ugly.

I agree - if you have to split them up into those tanks, run cheap sponge filters off one or more air pumps (depending on how close you can keep the tanks to eachother).

Well I guess if I have to keep them in different tanks I'll just have one in a tank by herself and one in a tank with other fish :/

The white one is beautiful same as one of my females does it have a lil skull shaped patch on top of its head ? As mine does and it looks so cute ahaha

Andjak said:
The white one is beautiful same as one of my females does it have a lil skull shaped patch on top of its head ? As mine does and it looks so cute ahaha

I dont know :S that's the only photo I got lol

Well since you are planning such a large tank for them, and if it's going to be nicely planted, I'm not saying you can give it a try. ;) If the tanks not ready for them yet, obviously you are going to need a temporary solution.

siva said:
Well since you are planning such a large tank for them, and if it's going to be nicely planted, I'm not saying you can give it a try. ;) If the tanks not ready for them yet, obviously you are going to need a temporary solution.

Yeah lol since I havnt found the tank iv already got all the separate tanks ready.
Two of them will have to go in small separators because the rest of the tanks I have had some icky yucky stuff growing on it and I really don't want to harm them since they're so beautiful :D
I guess they can be unhappy for a while untill I get a tank then be suffering from some weird condition lol y'know. Would they be better if there were other fish with them.

I am willing to try anything you know? So if anyone has some tips to a successful sorority please let me know D:
THEYRE COMING :O

Back
Top Bottom