Ordering Fish From Online Sources

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imperial tropical was out of stock! So I got a refund on my order. Great customer service though. I was quite impressed.

AZ Gardens has had pretty good fish and plants when I order from them, and they have the True SAE: Siamese Algae Eaters

Aquariumfish.net has also had good quality fish, and they don't have a minimum purchase order like AZ Gardens does. Again, they have the SAE in stock: AquariumAlgae Eaters for Sale at AquariumFish.net.

I'd avoid ThatPetPlace.com, as their fish tend to be sick when I order from them... Never ordered from liveaquaria, but I've only heard good things about them. Aquabid is effectively the ebay of the fish world, so your mileage depends on the seller... I've never had issues personally. But on the bright side if you don't see the fish you want initially then chances are it will show up if you keep checking back.

AZ Gardens has had pretty good fish and plants when I order from them, and they have the True SAE: Siamese Algae Eaters

Aquariumfish.net has also had good quality fish, and they don't have a minimum purchase order like AZ Gardens does. Again, they have the SAE in stock: AquariumAlgae Eaters for Sale at AquariumFish.net.

I'd avoid ThatPetPlace.com, as their fish tend to be sick when I order from them... Never ordered from liveaquaria, but I've only heard good things about them. Aquabid is effectively the ebay of the fish world, so your mileage depends on the seller... I've never had issues personally. But on the bright side if you don't see the fish you want initially then chances are it will show up if you keep checking back.

Thanks! Ill try ordering after the holidays m

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check out thewetspot.com. I've made two orders so far with them. By far my favorite place. They have an awesome website with a nice weekly news letter and they update their stock list every Friday. OS.

Oh yeah, I totally forget that Wet Spot also sells online... They're 20 minutes away from my house :) Really good quality fish, and I've yet to even see a sick fish in their tanks.

Oh yeah, I totally forget that Wet Spot also sells online... They're 20 minutes away from my house :) Really good quality fish, and I've yet to even see a sick fish in their tanks.

That's good to hear, plan on ordering from them soon. Where are they located, if I may?

I wouldn't order from AZ Gardens. Look up reviews on google. Every once in a while there's a good one.

Has anyone ordered fish in Canada? If so what was the site and how was it?

I agree about AZ Gardens. I had a terrible experience with them. Been since Feb. and I still haven't seen my UV sterilizer or my money back. Never got any answer from my inquiries either. OS.

Live Aquaria is the only online place I order from now.

Specimens are extremely healthy, well packed with fast delivery and excellent customer service. Immediately after the appropriate acclimation process, all specimens were accepting food.

I've only had one problem with their fish. I placed an order that had two DOAs and one that died three days later. I believe it was due to delivery in the excessive heat that Texas was experiencing during this past August. Called customer service and was promptly credited the full amount for the two DOAs and they didn't bat an eye when I called back three days later to get the credit on the third (which was within their 14-day guarantee). This was the only fish that did not readily accept food after acclimating to my tank.

They may be a little pricey but it is worth it for that kind of service. And I can't say enough about the healthy state of their fish.

Live Aquaria is the only online place I order from now.

Specimens are extremely healthy, well packed with fast delivery and excellent customer service. Immediately after the appropriate acclimation process, all specimens were accepting food.

I've only had one problem with their fish. I placed an order that had two DOAs and one that died three days later. I believe it was due to delivery in the excessive heat that Texas was experiencing during this past August. Called customer service and was promptly credited the full amount for the two DOAs and they didn't bat an eye when I called back three days later to get the credit on the third (which was within their 14-day guarantee). This was the only fish that did not readily accept food after acclimating to my tank.

They may be a little pricey but it is worth it for that kind of service. And I can't say enough about the healthy state of their fish.

Thanks for the helpful review!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom