Ordering Fish From Online Sources

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone actually ordered from liveaquaria? And if so what was your experience?

Has anyone ordered from any other online sources? Can you share those experiences?

I'm considering ordering from live aquaria because I really want some true siamese algae eaters.... i never see them at petco or petsmart, and the one local fish store that gets them from time to time has terrible customer service and I will not be supporting them anymore.

They are a bit pricy but they are really good. Packaging is very good and the fish were really healthy. I don't know about customer service because I have never had any problems to need it for.

They are a bit pricy but they are really good. Packaging is very good and the fish were really healthy. I don't know about customer service because I have never had any problems to need it for.

Thanks.. they are a little expensive. I was thinking about some celestial pearl danios for my kids 10 gallon tank as well. Does does anyone know any other websites?

I've ordered sponges from angelsplus in the past. Otherwise I don't know of any other resources.

Before you order fish online, if you have a fish specialty store around you, talk to them. I know the store that I go to will special order any fish I need for me and it is cheaper than having to pay for the shipping though liveaquaria.com. I actually just asked for them to order me some blue eye rainbow fish today for when my 10 gallon gets cycled.

You could try imperial tropicals. They don't have the biggest selection but they have free shipping on orders $30 or more.

Can't go wrong with live fish direct.

Had terrible experience with bluegrass aquatics

Thatpetplace.com has live fish, I personally don't really buy any stock from them (even though I live near them) because I seem to have a 50/50 with their fish, and I'm really into guppies, which is on their restricted list so they won't refund them. Pet smart will, so I use them. But I've heard good things from other people, and they have more unusual things.

Before you order fish online, if you have a fish specialty store around you, talk to them. I know the store that I go to will special order any fish I need for me and it is cheaper than having to pay for the shipping though liveaquaria.com. I actually just asked for them to order me some blue eye rainbow fish today for when my 10 gallon gets cycled.

Only one local pet store around here and they are absolutely horrible when it comes to customer service. Years ago they had a great manager who was going to buy the store and would order things in for me.
Since he left when the owners decided not to sell they've gone downhill. A lady actually said to me "well do you want the fish or not ive got things to do"... while I was looking up a specific species on my phone before deciding if I wanted it or not.

Any fish I've bought from them breaks out into ich... I realize its common but when I bring it to their attention they claim it already exists in all aquarium systems... NOT true... its a parasite! and odd that it shows up in a fresh QT tank.

The best was when I ordered 1000 crickets because they couldn't sell me 500 because they wouldn't have enough left to "feed their own". The first time I ordered I paid when they came in and they came in 3 days late. The next time I wanted to order they wanted me to pay up front... so they wouldn't be "stuck with" that many crickets.... they never have enough crickets to sell so why would they be worried about 1000 extra? Thats really not much when tour feeding a juvenile bearded Dragon who could eat 30-50 a day.

Oh and that local pet store. I was giving them a second chance because a newer nicer sales person showed me a tag for siamese algae eaters and said he would ask to get some ordered. And today I went in and the owner was there and looked at me and said they would probably never get any more in and no he wouldn't order them for me. The "nice" sales person had a look of shock on his face and apologized to me after the owner walked away. When I informed him I knew that was the owner and thanked him for being nice but that was the last chance I was giving that place.

Unfortunately none of those sites have any trie siamese algae eaters available except live aquaria.

Aquabid is good and you can check the sellers out. On aquabis I strongly recommend Hansypatty, mysteryguy and lotoffish. Select aquatics-specialty livebeaers, Consolidated Fish Farm is great. Consolidated has a lot of stock and they are easy to work with.

If you p.m. me I'll tell you who not to buy from.

Aquabid is good and you can check the sellers out. On aquabis I strongly recommend Hansypatty, mysteryguy and lotoffish. Select aquatics-specialty livebeaers, Consolidated Fish Farm is great. Consolidated has a lot of stock and they are easy to work with.

If you p.m. me I'll tell you who not to buy from.

I checked aquabid. No sae

Liveaquaria had a good response to me customer service wise. I haven't ordered anything, but sent a few emails asking questions. They replied quickly (within 24 hours) and were very polite and courteous in their replies.

alphaprobreeders.com (has a few other sites too) is also really good. Primarily focus is on inverts, with a few fish. but the owner (Ron) was fun to work with and was nice.

Well I took a chance and ordered some stuff from imperial tropicals. You can't really beat the free shipping so I bought some things including a few of their flying fox because the photo looks like SAE and I'm just hoping they are true sae because many places get the labeles mixed up.

Flying Fox is similar to SAE. That's all I know unfortunately.
Biggest tell is the stripe.

Has anyone here ordered live fish from petco.com? I would never buy fish in store from them, usually anyways.

Back
Top Bottom