ordering fish off the internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lovemybarbs said:
Same town. That's funny. Having trouble finding a good store?

nope, just curious as to how well ordering the fish off the internet actually turns out lol.

where do you usually shop here? i go to tropical world pets and aqua world...there's another place called pet market place that used to be really good but now it kinda sucks...

I admire those who can afford to order live fish online . . . I can barely afford the fish, but we make out . . . .I have to keep fighting my wife to keep her from buying the $250 Zebra Pleco . . . .that one is just killing her to have. I don't care how many times she stomps her little foot, I'm not gettin' it (well, yet . . . .I guess . . .maybe . . . .for her birthday . . . .)

HaHa women ALWAYS get thier way and you know it so dont pull that lol. I know mine does. We now have a snake that i am scared of by the way and she wont even pick it up I have to. So ya sacrifice my friend, sacrifice.

SeymourFRESH said:
lovemybarbs said:
Same town. That's funny. Having trouble finding a good store?

nope, just curious as to how well ordering the fish off the internet actually turns out lol.

where do you usually shop here? i go to tropical world pets and aqua world...there's another place called pet market place that used to be really good but now it kinda sucks...

When I am serious I go to the one near the Farmers Market off of Watson which I think is Tropical World Pets. Where is Aqua World??

When I am serious I go to the one near the Farmers Market off of Watson which I think is Tropical World Pets. Where is Aqua World??

tropical world is pretty good. aqua world is on gravois right past chippewa...it looks like a really crappy hole-in-the-wall kind of place but when you go in it is awesome. really pricy though...if you're looking for any good plants that is the place to go

I grew up around Affton. I'll give it a try.

Sometimes I go to Petco or whatever for supplies. I work in Kirkwood and I really like the set up of the new Petco. You should go in there and take a look. I haven't bought anything in there yet. It is nothing like any Petco around here. I was surprised.

Post here if you order on-line for anything. Fish through the mail is pretty scary.

I've bought fish online three trimes, and cherry shrimp once. The first were 10 small (1-1.25") S. petricola. They were shipped Fed-Ex all the way across the country, arrived several hours later than the guaranteed delivery time. The water was too cold in spite of the heat pack in the box, and several were floating, not swimming when they arrived. Surprisingly, they all survived. The second was an aquabid auction for juvie transcriptus. They were packed in Kordon breather bags, no problems. The third was a plagiostoma eel, USPS overnite, I requested 2 heat packs that time, and the fish arrived warm and active. The shrimp were in a breather bag also, along with some live plants, and as I recently discovered, a couple of killie eggs were on the plants too. The shrimp wer fine, as was the tiny fish fry in the bag with them, and last night I spotted a second, just hatched fry. I hate to pay the shipping cost for overnite delivery, but it's necessary during cold weather. The shrimp were sent priority mail with a 60-hour heat pack. During cold weather, it's the temp that is the problem, not the shipping time. Fish can live for 48 hours bagged in regular plastic bags with O2, and much longer in the breather bags as long as the temp is warm enough.

Back
Top Bottom