Ordering Fish Online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Misfits72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just couple of questions. I have been having a **** of a time trying to find Lionhead Goldies. I saw a few at a pet store, but was not impressed with the quality of the fish. They looked sluggish and looked like they were bottom crashing. I am in south Jersey Cherry Hill Area and interest in finding out about local aquarium stores with healthy stocks. Has anyone ordered fish online and how was the experience.

Thank you

J
:twisted:

I do it all the time. Aquariumfish.net is the site I go to, but I have used aquabid.com and ebay too. The risks are higher (where both you and I live) during the winter of getting dead fish due to cold but as long as you are home when they arrive that should not happen. The first site I mentioned pack their fish pretty well. IMHO it's as safe buying online than anywhere else, way more safe than buying from petco or petsmart!

LiveAquaria.com is a fantastic site as well. You have to have a $30 min purchase and S&H is $35. It is expensive but you get overnight shipping and the bags are packed tightly and a heater is placed inside the styrofoam box; very secure. My fish arrived healthy and still the same. Oh, and they have a 14-day guarantee on all fish.

Just couple of questions. I have been having a **** of a time trying to find Lionhead Goldies. I saw a few at a pet store, but was not impressed with the quality of the fish. They looked sluggish and looked like they were bottom crashing. I am in south Jersey Cherry Hill Area and interest in finding out about local aquarium stores with healthy stocks. Has anyone ordered fish online and how was the experience.

Thank you

J

Aquarium Center in Clementon New Jerey is the place to go. They are only a few miles away from Cherry Hill. It's on Blackwood Clementon Road. They carry the healthiest fish in Philadelphia area.

Thank you

J

Have you been to the Hidden Reef over the Burlington Bristol Bridge yet?? They have a HUGE FW selection as well as SW.

Tim Thank you so much for the info. I am always concerned with the ones at Petsmart and petco i was disgusted when i saw feeder fish feeding on deed fish water so foul. I was looking at at aquabid but like ebay i do not want to get into a fight for a fish i am obsessed but my significant other will kill me. lol

Chisel, always awesome to get advise from an E A G L E S fan. I knew i was in the right place. Never been to the reef but call them every tuesday looking for panda orandas and lionheads. not lucky so far and the two storms kind of backed up fish orders. Not complaining hitting Blue mountain weekly for snowboarding. so is not so depresing lol.

usca thanks i just took a look and i think i found what i am looking for. 14 day guarantee amazing. AA is awesome thank you.

Anthony thank you for the info on Clementon i am going to take a look this week and give them a call so far i have had great advice from everyone here. thank you

j

lots of great smaller operations specializing in fish as well. as well as lots of breeders out there as well. places like liveaquaria is just a online chain store and dont see them much above other chain stores.

Chisel, always awesome to get advise from an E A G L E S fan. I knew i was in the right place.

Not just an Eagles fan but also a Misfits fan from way back.

Thats smart that you call around. I don't. I use any excuse to get into a decent LFS. Even if it's just to walk around.

Yeah even though my tanks are fully stocked I go to my local every week just to look. That way you'll notice any changes for the worse.

Back
Top Bottom