Ordering online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdwhite807

Aquarium Advice Regular
What sites have you guys ordered fish from with positive results? Or what should I stay away from? I have never bought fish online before.

I've ordered from KGTropicals and alphaprobreeders.com. both were great to work with and had no issues at all. Kg for African cichlids and alpha for shrimp.

Liveaquaria is also very good from reviews along with wet spot. Also talked with live fish direct and they answered all my questions. Haven't ordered from any of those though.

Wet spot has very good quality fish. my lfs orders from the wholesaler that supplies them. Wet spot is also owned by the same person that owns the wholesaler.

Aquabid.com is great. The need to read feedback and look at seller history is the only real requirement. As always, caveat emptor.

i had a positive experience with liveaquaria.com, for the most part...

i order neon tetras and black neon tetras... ended up with two bags of neon tetras, i called them and they refunded me the money for the black neons.. i was hoping they would send me the neons but they didnt want to do that.

the thing you gotta watch out for is that you need to order a minimum of 30$ with of fish or something like that before they will ship them to you...

Stay away from somethingphishy.com. The only reviews you see are positive. The negative reviews are taken down and those that post them are banned as customers.

If you're looking for regular aquarium fish-nothing too exotic-Consolidated Fish Farm is great to work with. Good stock, good prices and very good customer service. If odd livebearers are your thing, Select Aquatics is great in every area. The owner is a good guy, easy to work with and super knowledgeable. There are a number of good folks on Aquabid, I'd recommend Hansypatty1968 and MysteryGuy. Both have excllent stock and prices.

Just for the record, if you want to tell people who to stay away from do that using a P.M. If the supplier complains the thread goes bye-bye. If anyone wants to know who to avoid at all cost, just P.M. me.

"Just for the record, if you want to tell people who to stay away from do that using a P.M. If the supplier complains the thread goes bye-bye. "

I really don't understand this. That is exactly what this company does. You complain, and they get it taken down. Totally defeating the purpose of being able to get honest feedback of a supplier/vendor.

Of the few other sites that I'm a member of, this is quite encouraged to be able to weed out the good and bad and protect the interest of the members. What I don't get is why one would show support for a company that has bad practices and gets butt hurt over a negative review when in fact they should do everything in their power to avoid this scenario at any and all costs.

In turn, this begs me to ask the question, "Why is this place called Aquarium Advice, when the advice can be stricken from the record" ????

"Just for the record, if you want to tell people who to stay away from do that using a P.M. If the supplier complains the thread goes bye-bye. "

I really don't understand this. That is exactly what this company does. You complain, and they get it taken down. Totally defeating the purpose of being able to get honest feedback of a supplier/vendor.

Of the few other sites that I'm a member of, this is quite encouraged to be able to weed out the good and bad and protect the interest of the members. What I don't get is why one would show support for a company that has bad practices and gets butt hurt over a negative review when in fact they should do everything in their power to avoid this scenario at any and all costs.

In turn, this begs me to ask the question, "Why is this place called Aquarium Advice, when the advice can be stricken from the record" ????

What exactly was stricken from any record? There are rules concerning vendor feedback. It is worth your time to review them. Negatives can be posted if they are fact based and non-libelous.

I am tempted to remove your post based on the fact that it is accusatory and not supported by anything other than your opinion. I've never dealt with them myself so I don't know and will leave it for now since the OP asked about places to stay away from.

What exactly was stricken from any record? There are rules concerning vendor feedback. It is worth your time to review them. Negatives can be posted if they are fact based and non-libelous.

I am tempted to remove your post based on the fact that it is accusatory and not supported by anything other than your opinion. I've never dealt with them myself so I don't know and will leave it for now since the OP asked about places to stay away from.

HN1, there has been nothing removed as of yet, however, the threat was made. So to clarify for you and any others that may question my "accusatory" and "non-supported" remarks.

Somethingsphishy.com - Don't ever buy from them, Review 84318 | Complaints Board

24 SomethingsPhishy Complaints and reviews from real people you trust @ Pissed Consumer

SomethingsPhishy.com Business Review in Riverview, FL - West Coast Florida BBB

somethingsphishy feedback [Archive] - SimplyDiscus

Ripoff Report | Somrthings Phishy Complaint Review Riverview, Florida: 850282

I hope the above finds you well in determining the worthiness of my original post. I have done my research in choosing high quality vendors in both to order from and steer clear of and perhaps that's why my fish always arrive on time, in excellent health, and continue to prosper. I'm not here to start any problems, but as you stated, when asked who and who not to, it's only fair.

Back
Top Bottom