Orthodontist office tank= recipe for disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I went to the orthodontist about a month ago and they changed their fish tank a lot. I think it's a 40g or 29g. They had some red zebra cichlids in there, but now they have a bunch of guppies ad platies. Males and females of each kind.it was seriously overstocked. I think there was at least a hundred. I didn't see any pregnant ones yet though. When I went a few days ago, there were about a fifth as many fish in there, and all the females were pregnant. So I think they didn't take care of the cichlids over the holidays, and they died, and sat for at least a week, causing the tank to lose its cycle. Then they decided to just get more fish, so they did. Now they have a fish factory.

So why dont you call them or stop in and make a deal. They pay you $20 a week to do water changes and take care of it. It would be like getting paid $40 an hour.

NYgiantsRP said:
So why dont you call them or stop in and make a deal. They pay you $20 a week to do water changes and take care of it. It would be like getting paid $40 an hour.

I can't because they have limited hours and are in a city about an hour away. And I switch between two houses, so that isn't very easy to accomplish.

Oh, well, then looks like just other unfortunate fish tank situation. Kind of like every chineese resturant i have ever been in. I have always said if I ever owed a fish store I would go around to surronding offices and resturants and offer them mantainence service.

Back
Top Bottom