Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oscar, Eel and Crayfish

I have researched the compatibility between oscars, zig-zag eels and crayfish quite extensively and have found a lot of conflicting opinions. Firstly, I researched the compatibility between oscars and zig zag eel, and found conflicting opinions - but I tried it and everything is fine -- if anything it looks as if the oscar is scared of the eel!

Then I researched crayfish and oscars and I honestly have no clue whether to add crayfish or not because there are so many conflicting opinions online. And then it was on to researching eel and crayfish compatibility which I have found next to nothing about.

So, I was wondering, if I wanted to add 2 crayfish into my 120g along with my 10" bgkf, 4" black diamond cichlid, 2 plecos - blue phantom and green phantom, 6" bala shark, 8" zig-zag eel and 4" oscar, does anyone know how I can do it? Also if anyone has had experience with a setup similar to this then please do share!

Thanks!

PS: The tank has two large tubes for hiding places as well as rocks to hide in - I find the eel utilities these rocks quite well lol!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

it would be fine the oscar would probably eat the crays if he is big enough and everything else would be fine. i kept green terrors, african, tilapia, and many other cichlids with crays and tire track eels for a long time now

Old 09-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Back in the day, when Oscars weren't wimps ( ) , I used to feed my Oscars nightcrawlers and crayfish. So depending on the size of your fish and eels and crayfish will determine if this is a good idea.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #4

Fish and crayfish lobster or turtles don't mix
Old 09-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used to feed my oscar crayfish... And the cray would probably go after the eel.

Tags
crayfish, eel, fish, oscar, ray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com