Oscar in 25 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeesymelon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could i keep an Oscar in a 25 gal 32" tank? If not are there any other big fish I could keep in that size tank ( preferably with neons but I have a 10 gal that I could move them in maybe)

Nope, that tank is way too small for any large fish. You do have lots of options of other fish to go with your neons though.

I would have doubts on getting it to work. A vigorous eater would need to be researched carefully otherwise may be too flighty even if of small size. Also I think congrats on a backup plan for the neons as they could get eaten by such a fish but 10 gal would be small for them as well.

I'd be looking at something as a display fish in the 2 to 3 inch range which doesn't need to school.

I have looked at rams or gouramis here but I'm sure you would have more options there.

Personally I'd look into if the size of your school of neons can be increased eg 10 or more and say a trio of small chain loaches.

no oscar. never in a 25 gallon. i agree with Delapool. a ram or dwarf gourami would be as big as you could get.

Back
Top Bottom