Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to Deenalove
Oscars and a shrimp/crab

I didnt know where to post this. I have 2 oscars, I guess small-med sized. My husband likes crabs and or shrimp. What could go with the oscars that they will not eat? and that will not eat my snails. I already had ghost shrimp eat 3 of my 4 snails and I got another snail and they are now both in my oscar tank. People keep telling me crawdads but I dont know, they dont look as cool as a crab. Thanks in advance

Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #2

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I would not worry about what else goes with those oscars till you get them out of that tank. Oscars grow a inch a month till around 9 inches then slower after that. 2 oscars need a minimum of 75 gallons for a couple of females preferably larger. So concentrate on getting them a new home before adding something else.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

oh yeah I for sure am waiting till we move them. I just was wondering so I can look into them and what not. I know I am over crowded, NO MORE fish for me Though I loooove buying them lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #4

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What size tank you end up with will decide on other speices you can add. I prefer to keep them in pairs by themselves.

But to answer your original question no crabs or shrimp but you could do some other south americans with a large enough tank or some smaller dither fish like giant danios or larger tetras but be forwarned oscars are big clumsy fish that will hurt themselves and tank decor and for that reason I keep them as a pair or solo by themselves as it just seems to cut down on stress and injury.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

yeah mine are really clumsy lol but I love them anyway lol. Ok so nothing more. They are with a small pleco and I believe that will be the extent of who they "house" with thank you

Tags
crab, oscar, oscars, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com