oscars with african lung fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felixxx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, just a quick one. Will two large oscars bother/bully an 18" lung? they will be kept in a 5x2x2 tank.
thanks

ummm. Actually, the oscars will probably eventually be come lunch. How large is large though? and i think you will have no problem with the oscars bulling the lung as it is a large enough tank.

about 6-8" lung fish doesnt have much girth on him though. also im guessing 4 clown loach between 2" and 4" probably dont stand much of a chance, although they've evaded the lung in a 125l for nearly 6months now!

I would leave the clown loaches away from the lung. A lungfish usually takes a snap at anything alive it bumps into and tries to eat it. If it dosent fit in there mouth they tear it to shreds. That is why you get recommendation for feeding them with tongs when they get larger.

well im kindof ashamed toadmit they were bought as feeders! i have since fallen in love with them, hence the tank upgrade!

lol, that is funny. If you want them in there put them in there but just be prepared as it might or might not happen.

yeah that was my thinking, im guessing the oscars will also pose a major threat, i might keep the loach in the 125 and get a couple more and have the oscars and the lung in the 5'

Back
Top Bottom