other aquatic creatures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
there are fish, shrimp, ADF's, newts, crawfish.... anything else that is pretty cool to put in a species only aquarium? (i.e. the empty 10 gallon tank that completely decorated and ready to go, hehe)

Snails. >.> Billions of them. Or just two, which will result in billions of them.

Newts sound pretty cool, though. Or just an invert tank in general, maybe..? Red-claw crabs ae neat. And freshwater clams.

Tadpoles, you'd have to have an empty tank to put them into when they're frogs. Sorry for my stupidity, what does ADF stand for again?

african dward frog. They need to to make that one of the words like...LFS and LPS where it has a popup definition thingy.

I'd think a blue colbalt crab would be really cool. Can't have more than just one by itself.

jrp1588 said:
african dward frog. They need to to make that one of the words like...LFS and LPS where it has a popup definition thingy.

Dwarf frog. Lol. Anyways all of those sound pretty cool, but you need equipment for them, like land for crabs and newts and filters for adf's.

You don't NEED land for crabs. All you need is some sort of decoration poking above the surface a bit. They can climb.

jrp1588 said:
You don't NEED land for crabs. All you need is some sort of decoration poking above the surface a bit. They can climb.

I know, but i've never tried it. Never tried the decoration thing at the surface.

those are pretty cool :) It gets a bit too warm here for them though. I can hardly get my tank's temp below 72 in the summer and from what I read, they get very stressed and sick when the temp goes over 68 for more than a couple of days.

Are the fiddler crabs saltwater? I'd prefer it to be something freshwater only because 10 gallons is a bit riskly when dealing with salinity.

Thanks everyone!

those axotols are so creepy, I would crap myself seeing it in my tank. lol. I have always wondered about those. Also, you could catch some water beetles, those have always amazed me. :)

somewhat boring, but i'm in love with my african dwarf frogs. i have 2 albino, 2 brown and one greyish spotted froggy in a 5g tank. good stuff.

you could also get 2 or so firebelly toads or newts/salamanders.

Back
Top Bottom