Other ways to cycle your tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Johny said:
SM thank you so much for starting this thread. Its really good to know all our options.
I know you briefly explained the different methods, but are there any in depth guides on how to do these alternative cycling methods?

Agreed i would like more info from the ever so wise SM

Flossie said:
Hey severum mama :) great thread. Speaking of seeding... I added filter media from an established tank to a new 55g it's from a whisper 30 what would be a small bio load for it?? Few danios?

I have 6 gold long finned danios in both my 55 gal. We started with them. They are very hardy and are an off shoot of the zebra danios. They survived the mess up we had with no problem. They are a very light bio load. Aside from that they are an extremely curious fish that love to inspect ANYTHING you put I the tank! They are also beautiful and love to swim and race around. They are the favorite of the whole family.

As far as I know, there aren't in-depth guides for any of the methods I talked about. IMO there doesn't need to be. None of these methods are complicated at all as long as you have an understanding of how the nitrogen cycle works. I really didn't feel like there was much else to say on these topics. :)

Back
Top Bottom