otocinclus catfish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larochem595

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

Do otocinclus catfish typically rest with their dorsal fin resting flat against their body?

Otherwise, they look healthy, have gained a little weight since I got them and are active at night.

Just wondering if this is typical...

Thanks,
Michelle

Yup, mine do it all the time. As long as they as full bellies and their color is intense. You should be fine, though still keep a close eye on them.

I have them in 3 tanks and that's pretty typical:

img_3291681_0_4a77e3ea6aba7ef917f9b1f6dddd9d20.jpg

Hi, thanks for the replies!
Yes, their bellies are quite full... they've been eating good.
I am happy to report that my otos have bred! Apparently they have been quite satisfied. I found two tiny fry in there yesterday morning.
I guess they are happy.

Thanks for the help,
Michelle

What have they been eating? I have a few, but can't tell what they eat. Well I know they eat broccoli and zuchinni.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi, thanks for the replies!
Yes, their bellies are quite full... they've been eating good.
I am happy to report that my otos have bred! Apparently they have been quite satisfied. I found two tiny fry in there yesterday morning.
I guess they are happy.

Thanks for the help,
Michelle

That's awesome, not too many people can say that they had oto fry.

Thanks!
Mine like the algae tabs I give them. I feed Marineland xl algae tabs. I find them clinging to them at night. I also throw in a couple bottom feeder pellets, which seem to disappear. They have huge stomachs.
Take care,
Michelle

I am positive...the only other fish I have are mountain cloud minnows. And, these babies were were clinging to the glass like adults.
So, yes, I had some oto fry!
I haven't seen them since Saturday morning though, hope they didn't get eaten...

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom