Otos :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope they do well for you! I should be getting mine in the next few days I hope! I wasnt able to make it today but hopefully in the next few days! :)

Is it better if I get otos that have been in the pet shop for a while?? I have heard that its true and if so I am going to talk to the owner and see if he would want to hold onto them for a little while for me

brunettebaby4571 said:
Is it better if I get otos that have been in the pet shop for a while?? I have heard that its true and if so I am going to talk to the owner and see if he would want to hold onto them for a little while for me

I've read that you should cause they're weak when the pet stores get shipments of em. I bought 4 the day they came in, not knowing some would probably die, 2 outta the 4 survived. After that, I read everything I could about otos and they're alive and happy.

Ok they were supposed to be ordering some for me and getting them in Monday so I am going to try and call the place and see if the will hold them for me for a bit.

I have found that it doesn't matter how long they've been there. They are so hit and miss - the best bunch I got have been when I picked the smallest ones in the bunch they have grown well and all three survived!

I figure I will just pick up 4 or 5 and hopefully they do well. I am so excited!! :)

Back
Top Bottom